It’s been an incredible year at the Tacony Community Development Corporation. Here are just a few of the year’s highlights as we look back on the dedication of our volunteers, partners, and friends to say “thanks”:
- A Promotional Video showcasing Tacony as a great neighborhood was shared widely across the web, receiving more views than neighborhood profile videos created by the Greater Philadelphia Tourism and Marketing Corporation
- A multi-million dollar library renovation was funded to begin early next year, honoring the past and building a future for the 21st Century
- A great day brought an incredible turnout for our third Hoagie Trail with more than 1200 hoagies sold.
- Marking a milestone, 2015 saw more than 45 cameras installed in Tacony
- Family-oriented events such as Community Day, Fallfest, and Winterfest welcomed people to Torresdale Ave
- A new restaurant in the works with an emphasis on craft beer is underway
- The next round of storefront improvements are in construction, recognized by the Preservation Alliance of Greater Philadelphia with a grand jury prize
- A new “high-water mark” for housing renovation, new investment, and residential redevelopment in the Tacony neighborhood for single-family homes
- Tacony was recognized as a “Great Place in Pennsylvania” for outstanding efforts for revitalization and urban planning
- The neighborhood’s first bakery in more than 20 years is slated to open in Tacony
In order to continue our success and momentum we need your help. More than 150 individuals and businesses have joined our organization as members. We need to grow our base of members to continue this forward progress at this crucial time.